Community is all about connection. Connecting people who may living in the same place or who may share an interest. Community and connecting people is at the very heart of Malak Marketplace – the passion, creativity, talent, interest and support of local people from Malak and the wider Darwin community turn an ordinary little suburban carpark into an award-winning, unique, multicultural, entertaining and very special organic farmers’ market place every Saturday during the Dry Season.
The marketplace is a space to share ideas, to celebrate common interests, to learn about diversity, to sample new cuisines and cultures, to meet people, to sit with people and to talk to people face to face about their passions, their interests and their businesses ultimately – and put as simply as possible – it’s about enjoying people being people.
Get involved with the market community
You can get involved with the community behind Malak Marketplace in the ways that suit you.
- social media page (a community of over 4,500 Facebookers and growing!) You can stay in touch online through our very popular
- You can receive our news including newsletter Market Life
- You visit the website and check out the blog and new clean living recipes (all free, all delicious!)
- You or your business can become a corporate supporter of Malak Marketplace
- You or your business can sponsor Malak Marketplace
- Or join the team as a VOLUNTEER HELPER
- Or share your wares and BECOME A STALLHOLDER! – We have people who can help you set up a stall for the very first time. And this year, arts and crafts and non-for-profit organisations have FREE pitches in prime spots – a great time to dip your toes into market life!