Volunteering Creates a Stronger Community
Join the Malak Marketplace Family as a Volunteer
If you want to be active in your local community, make new friends and meet people, get out every Saturday with a true sense of purpose, be valued and feel useful, then why not get involved as a volunteer helper at Malak Marketplace?
This vibrant, multicultural community market was established in 2016 and runs every Saturday during the Dry Season – from the last Saturday in April to the last Saturday in October (27 weeks). The market sets up from 2pm on Saturday afternoons in Chambers Crescent carpark in Malak and packs up around 9pm.
Volunteers helpers are needed in a number of roles. You will need:
- To be fit and mobile
- To be reliable and happy to join in with most tasks
- To help the Ops Manager and set up/pack down team as required
- To hold a current OCHRE card
- To be available on Saturday afternoons/evenings* (not necessarily all 27 markets)
- Preferably to have an interest in organic and clean living
*Even a few hours of your time can be very valuable, so please get in touch even if you cannot be available for the whole day
Find out more
Please contact the General Manager to find out more about volunteering at Malak Marketplace.