Love Actually….Organic Style
14 February 2017
Happy Valentine’s Day to all the lovers of Malak Marketplace! Behind the scenes, there’s a lot of work going on to get ready for the 2017 Dry Season – we are only 74 days away from Opening Night. We love our market, we love Malak and we can’t wait to get started. But in the meantime, we’re going to talk about LOVE actually… especially as it’s Valentine’s Day!
- We love that we can avoid chemicals present in commercially grown food by eating organically grown food
- We love that organically grown foods have more vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and micronutrients
- We love that that organically grown foods taste better
- We love to avoid genetically modified foods
- We love that we can avoid hormones, antibiotics and drugs by choosing organically grown animal products
- We love that organic farming supports farming in harmony with nature
- We love that certified organic standards do not permit the use of toxic chemicals in farming and require responsible management of healthy soil and biodiversity
- We love that organic farming can help to preserve agricultural diversity
- We love that we have great choices on how to feed ourselves and our children
- and we love Malak Marketplace stallholders for their ongoing support of creating, delicious and predominantly organic dishes for the market community every week.
What’s not to love?