WELCOME TO THE WET SEASON
25 October 2016
Malak Marketplace Wraps Up with a Celebration of the Wet Season
“It’s our last market of 2016 on Saturday 29 October and we’re celebrating the over-whelming success of our first full season with a Welcome to the Wet special event. Over the last 6 months, our stallholders, staff and supporters have created 27 beautiful markets in Malak attracting over 50,000 people, from Malak, the wider community of Darwin and visitors to the Territory. We’ve had fantastic reviews and feedback – and will definitely be back in 2017. Welcome to the Wet is the last chance to share our unique blend of culture, music, organic food and entertainment.”
Lina Paselli, General Manager of Malak Marketplace
Welcome to the Wet is a special event being held at Malak Marketplace’s last market of the season on Saturday 29 October, between 4.30pm and 9pm. The red lanterns and umbrellas at the market will lead towards a specially-themed breezeway displaying all the essentials needed to enjoy a happy, safe and organic Wet season. On sale will be natural balms, soaps and lotions, insect repellent and essential oils, 100% organic, cold juices, tropical fruit sorbets and ice-creams made from locally-grown produce, cool cotton designer dresses, locally-authored book Darwin in the Wet and much more.
Saturday’s market will include over 70 stalls selling restaurant-quality bistro style food and locally-made crafts. The evening’s entertainment features musicians, buskers and fire performers who will create a fun, free show for all the family to enjoy.
The market-loving community can keep in touch with its favourite stallholders, throughout the Wet Season, via the Malak Marketplace website and social media pages for competitions, recipes and newsflashes. Votes can still be cast for the coveted Stallholder of the Year title via the Malak Marketplace Facebook page.
Additional Information – Welcome to the Wet
Our breezeway stalls celebrate the start of the new season with irresistible purchases and gift ideas to suit all tastes. Make sure you visit:
- LOVE THY JUICE – Cold pressed organic juices perfect for cleansing and invigorating the body. Try the ‘Rise & Shine’, ‘Ginger Ninja’ or ‘Super Greens’ to set you up for the Wet.
- NEW HORIZONS NT – Certified organic bush flower body spray and balm for protection from insects and sun without any harmful toxins.
- VIVA LA BODY – Made with love, care and passion, Viva La Body sell an eclectic collection of cool vintage, designer-dress styles and 100% gorgeous handcrafted soaps.
- NORTHERN EXPOSURE – Treat Wet season skin rashes and irritations with the gentlest, natural products such as aloe vera skin gel, organic oil soap and flower power lotions.
- TOP END DELIGHTS – Certified organic produce from Berry Springs lovingly turned into mouthwatering ice-cream and sorbets. Don’t leave the market without a taste.
- DoTERRA ESSENTIAL OILS – These natural, safe and therapeutic grade oils help calm skin irritations, uplift moods and support the immune system.
- DARWIN IN THE WET – Meet the author and take home a signed copy of this insightful and local look at our unique part of the world.
Malak Marketplace is Darwin’s first organic market with a unique multicultural and creative flare. It is located in Malak at Chambers Crescent Car Park, from 4.30pm until 9pm every Saturday and has run from Saturday 30th of April to Saturday 29th of October 2016 with approx. 70 stallholders. Malak Marketplace is proudly supported by the local community, Darwin Community Arts (DCA), City of Darwin and the Northern Territory Government.